George Lane was a trained engineer whose lifelong passion was for fishing. Originally from Mallow, County Cork, George bought a house on the banks of the Feale in County Limerick and spent many years refining his design for a new lure.
The Devon was used by George as a basis for the new lure. He used a variety of colours, sizes, finishes, materials and fin design, eventually arriving in 1949 at the perfectly balanced lure that John Lane Angling is making today.
His fame spread through Ireland and soon the hobby became a business as news of the new lure circulated among the angling fraternity; demand for the new lure grew and grew.
From an early age John helped his father hand make the lane minnow in the family home in Abbeyfeale, where John still lives today.
John Lane is now continuing the legend his father started.
He is commited to pursue the family legacy into the next generation; in John’s case for the benefit of anglers around the world.